St. Catherine's Tower

St. Catherine's Tower

St. Catherine's Tower

St. Catherine's Tower

This tower, built about 1620, is all that remains of the old church which served the parish from 1516 until 1887, when, because of structural defects, the body of the church had to be demolished. The tower was allowed to remain as a local historical landmark.

It was restored in 1993 with the help of grants from English Heritage and the Lake District special planning board, and a generous donation in memory of Judy Logan of Birk Moss, Crook 1963 - 1989.

Taken - 11/06/07
Ref:
Date:
Location:
Crook, Cumbria
Photographer:
Stephen Dutch