Botallack Mines

Botallack Mines

Botallack Mines

Botallack Mines

The plaque that is on the upper of the two mines at the Crowns; states that the mines here worked before 1721 and closed in 1914. The lower pumping engine house was built in 1830's and upper winding engine house (Pearce's) in 1858. Preserved 1984 by Carn Brea Mining Society....

Taken - 08/05/11
Ref:
Date:
Location:
7 miles NW of Penzance on the B3306, Cornwall.
Photographer:
Stephen Dutch